Barrier-less bathing in Hondarribia
In Hondarribia, leisure and recreation for people with reduced mobility are guaranteed. In order to enable those with reduced mobility to enjoy the beach, sun and sea just as much as everyone else, Hondarribia beach offers the following services:
- Access ramps.
- Fixed walkways
- Specially adapted changing rooms, showers and toilets.
- Sunshade areas with wheelchair access.
- Amphibious chairs (which roll over sand and float in the water).
- Amphibious crutches.
- Safety vests.
- Bathing assistants.
- Autonomous transfer crane (for those suffering from severe disabilities).
The service is available for anyone with special mobility needs (those with reduced mobility, elderly citizens, those suffering from diverse disabilities, etc.).
OPENING TIMES: 11:00h to 18:00h.
HOW IT WORKS
- * Special transport service.
- Coordination on 651 902 666. Day, place and pick up time.
- Special vehicle with trained staff for picking up and dropping off users.
- Assistance is provided to help users make their way to the changing rooms and bathing area.
- Return to pick up point.
- Non-autonomous users should be accompanied by a helper.
* Special beach service.
- Use of amphibious vehicles, crutches and other devices for bathing.
- Use of the sun shade and games area.
INFORMATION AND RESERVATIONS: 651 902 666
OPENING TIMES: 11:00H to 18:00H.